Boating Accident Attorney
Determining liability in a boating or water-related accident is complicated. If you were injured or a loved one drowned in a boating accident that was the fault of another, you need an experienced boating accident attorney.
Call Chionuma Law Firm, LLC at (816) 421-5544 or 800-923-8216 (toll free) for a free case review. We are passionate about obtaining justice for innocent victims and we have won millions for our clients.
Missouri Boating Accidents
It is the responsibility of the boat owner / operator to launch a vessel equipped with all of the required safety equipment, including personal floatation devices, navigation lights, fire extinguisher, ventilation system, mufflers, sound-producing devices and diver down flags.
The following Missouri boating laws are listed in the Missouri Boating Handbook:
- Vessel operators are required to report a boating accident or collision to the Missouri State Water Patrol.
- Vessel operators are required to report a boating accident or collision to the Missouri State Highway Patrol if a person dies or disappears if a person loses consciousness or requires medical attention or if property damage (including damage to the boat) exceeds $500.
- Most accident reports must be filed within 5 days of the accident, but within 2 days if the accident includes a death or personal injury.
- It is the duty of the boat operator to aid and assist anyone in need if it does not jeopardize the life of the operator.
- A boat operator will be guilty of leaving the scene of an accident if there is property damage or personal injury and the operator fails to stop and give the other party or officer the following information: name, address, vessel registration number and driver’s license number.
- It is against the law to operate a vessel while intoxicated (0.08% BAC).
For aggressive boating accident representation, call (816) 421-5544 or 800-923-8216 (toll free). Chionuma Law Firm, LLC will give you a free case review. We offer the personal attention of a small law firm with the expertise and experience of a large firm.
We handle personal injury and wrongful death, boating accidents, electrocution and drowning accidents which occur on Lake of the Ozarks, Smithville Lake, Lake Wappapello, The White River, The North Fork River, Buffalo National River, Lake Taneycomo, Bull Shoals Lake, Table Rock Lake, Truman Lake, Mark Twain Lake, Stockton Lake, Clearwater Lake and Lake Pomme De Terre as well as lakes in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska and Arkansas.
Our personal injury law firm represents accident victims throughout Missouri and the surrounding states. Our attorneys are licensed to practice in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Illinois and Texas and we work with co-counsel in Nebraska and Arkansas.